Saturday 21st of October 2017

Follow Us

Breaking News

IRGC completely dismantles terrorist group in southeast Iran: Commander

Tehran,Jun 19:-- Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has managed to kill all members of a Takfiri terrorist outfit and completely dismantle it in a southeastern Iranian town, a senior IRGC commander says.

 

“A terrorist team, which we had engaged a few days ago in the town of Qasr-e Qand, was completely dismantled today after the killing of five more of its elements,” Commander of IRGC’s Ground Force Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour told Fars news agency on Sunday.

 

He added that two members of the terrorist group had been killed after the operation launched in Qasr-e Qand town in the province of Sistan-and-Baluchestan on Thursday.

 

The remaining members had fled to nearby mountains, but were killed during clashes with the intelligence teams of the Qods Headquarters of the IRGC ground forces, he noted.

 

The senior IRGC commander said the identity of the terrorists has not been determined yet, adding, “The terrorists were members of the [so-called] Ansar al-Furqan group and their identities are under investigation.”

Pakpour emphasized that no IRGC member was killed or injured in the operations.

 

The IRGC said in a Thursday statement that its Qods Headquarters had dispatched its units to Qasr-e Qand after obtaining information about the presence of a Takfiri terrorist group in the area and engaged the group in mountainous areas.

 

“During the anti-terror operation, the IRGC's Qods Headquarters fighters destroyed a vehicle laden with 600 kilograms of explosives, and seized five bombs ready to be used in suicide attacks, 700 kilograms of explosives, tens of thousands of bullets and a number of weapons and ammunition,” the statement read.

 

On Wednesday, Iranian security forces killed two terrorists and arrested five others in Chabahar, another city in Sistan-and-Baluchestan province, and arrested another terrorist group in the western province of Kordestan. According to informed sources, the terrorists belonged to the Ansar al-Furqan group.

 

This came in the wake of twin terrorist attacks in the Iranian capital Tehran, which killed 17 people and injured over 50 others.

 

On June 7, gunmen mounted almost simultaneous assaults on Iran’s Parliament and the Mausoleum of the late Founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini. The Daesh Takfiri terrorist group claimed responsibility for the assaults.

 

Iran has arrested dozens of terrorists since the Tehran attacks.

Related Middle East News

2 PKK leaders among past week's death toll, Turkey says

Ankara,Oct 20:-- Two senior PKK terrorists were among 45 PKK members killed over the past week, the Turkish military said Friday.   The deaths were reported during operations in southeast Turkey and northern Iraq, the Turkish Armed Forces said in a statement to journalists.   Operations we....

Erdogan questions US partnership amid visa row

Ankara,Oct 20:-- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday questioned the sincerity of the U.S. strategic partnership with Turkey following a recent visa row between the two countries.   The row was sparked on Oct. 8, when the U.S. Embassy in Ankara announced the suspension of non-immigrant vi....

UNICEF and partner agencies in South Sudan help reunite 5,000 children with families

New York, Oct 19:-- Since conflict broke out in South Sudan in 2013, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Save the Children and other partners have successfully reunited more than 5,000 children with their families.   “Keeping families together is the best way to ensure that....

Priyanka Chopra urges people to help Rohingya people

Mumbai, Oct 19:-- Indian actress Priyanka Chopra on Wednesday urged people to stand beside Rohingya people.   Large number of Rohingya people have escaped Myanmar and are taking shelter in neighbouring Bangladesh for the past few months.   Urging people to help Rohingya people, Priyanka Ch....

Central African Republic: More aid needed amid deteriorating security, UN relief official warns

New York, Oct 7:-- In spite of humanitarian access to help tackle some of the most critical needs in several Central African Republic (CAR) hotspots, eroding security since the beginning of 2017 has sparked additional needs, the United Nations humanitarian wing reported today.   Reiterating an ....

Links
Contact
Editor :
Jagadananda Pradhan
Email :
fastmailmedia@gmail.com
fastmail@yahoo.com
Mob :(+91) 9437155542
Ph : 06764 223911
Contact Us
© 2015 Fast Mail Media Pvt Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by : FM Media Pvt Ltd.